Monday, February 2, 2009

Camo & Pink Tutus

Yesterday (or last night actually) I had hoped to enter a blog entry titled "Today We Celebrated" and post a funny pic of Josie and me, but never got around to it.
For yesterday was the last day of hunting season. I celebrated by not touching my house. I left every single thing where it fell, every play horse, stuffed dog, tutu, crown, high heel barbie shoe, underwear, pants, hairbrush, pancake plates...you get the picture.

When my husband arrived home from his 4 day trip in the woods, Josie and I greeted him with open arms. Okay, that's a lie...
Kevin walked in the door and Josie and I were dancing in our pink tutus and cowboy boots to the Lady Antebellum (?sp) song "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". (And no, there was no hidden message with my choice of songs!). Kevin laughed then looked around the house with a puzzled look on his face. (For you see, I am obsessive, compulsive, i.e. anal about cleanliness in my house!) I explained that we celebrated all day long the last day of hunting season. (By the way, we didn't leave Mattie out...she was in Birmingham riding horses! Lucky girl!)

We loved on "Daddy", talked about his long weekend with nature (and the boys)...and after, what seemed like an hour of hellos, hugs, kisses, unloading of camo, and trying to get out of my size 6/8 (little girls size) tutu, I gave Kevin one more hug & kiss and told him I'd see him in about 2 hours. For I wanted to celebrate in my own way...with a long past due NAP!!!
It was glorious.

So, I hate I didn't get to post the funny pic. After looking at the picture, I don't know if I can post it for the world to see. Just think of me in a little girl's size 6/8 pink tutu... enough said!

Good nite!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious Ty! I wish I could have seen Kevin's face when he walked in the door. Poor guy, all the women surrounding his huntin' self. Seriously, you are a great mom, Tyree. Great memories. I'm sure the house is clean by now too.

    ReplyDelete