Thursday, February 19, 2009

A NEW "SPORT" IN THE FAMILY


I'm about to move into uncharted territory. The sport is softball. I know nothing about it. Mattie has signed up to play girls softball on a 10 & under team. We don't have teams yet, but tryouts/evaluations are this Saturday.

Kevin has been wonderful in "training" Mattie in the sport of softball. He said she's a natural. My words to him were "See, all those years of cheering & tumbling really did pay off!" (He didn't laugh.) Anyway, Kevin said Mattie simply needs to learn the basics of softball, i.e. stance in batter's box, batting, etc.

Kevin even took Mattie to buy her softball gear (except for the sports bra). He did so good. Every item had pink or purple on it. I loved it. It was so me...I mean Mattie!

Wish us luck...Mattie is so excited about playing softball. Kevin is so excited that Mattie is playing softball and not cheering or tumbling. I'm excited to get involved in the girls' softball world. Only one thing...I sure hope the uniforms are cute!

Here's a video I took just a few minutes ago...

2 comments: